Fair Use guidelines for use and reference of Fittings Unlimited, Inc. trademarks
Fittings Unlimited, Inc. trademarks include the FUI logo, company name, slogan and other designs and logos owned and used by FUI, as well as FUI product and service names. FUI takes great care in the development and protection of its trademarks and reserves all rights of ownership of its trademarks.
Use of FUI logos
FUI carefully limits the use of its logos. No other company may use FUI logos unless it has the express written permission of FUI, or is licensed by FUI to do so. To obtain permission to use any FUI logo, contact your FUI representative or the FUI Call Center at 1-800-FITTINS (1-800-348-8467) and ask for Corporate Branding.
Fair use of FUI trademarks
"Fair use" of FUI trademarks, that is, use by a third party without express permission or license, is limited to text-only references to FUI trademarks such as product and service names, and excludes FUI logos. In such references, you must be truthful, must not disparage FUI, and must not mislead the public. You must be clear and accurate as to the nature of the relationship between FUI and your company, its products, and its services.
Use of "FUI" as a company name
"FUI", the 3 letters in text, is both a trademark of Fittings Unlimited, Inc. and an abbreviation of its company name. When "FUI" is used to identify the company Fittings Unlimited, Inc., it is called a trade name. Trade name usage typically applies when referring to a company as opposed to a particular product. It is permissible to use FUI as a possessive if you are referring to FUI the company. In that case the name does not identify goods or services (which are legally the domain of trademarks).
Incorrect use of FUI trademarks
- Do not omit a footnote/attribution for FUI trademarks.
- Do not alter the approved FUI trademark.
- Do not create any new logo for FUI or FUI product names.
- Do not incorporate any FUI product names into your company's product names.
- Do not incorporate any FUI company or product names into the root domain of any Web site or email address owned by your company.
- Do not misspell or use lower case letters when using the name FUI in text.
- Do not use the FUI taglines.
- Do not connect your company name with FUI product names.
- Do not use the FUI trademark name for a product or service as a noun, or in the plural form.
- Do not misspell or incorrectly capitalize FUI trademarks. Always include the letters FUI before the trademarked FUI name on the first usage.